Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Glory Baby

These past two weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions for me. Two weeks ago today i recieved a phone call that my sister was in labor and i couldn't wait to see that baby and kiss her face. I spent the next few days in absolute awe of how perfectly perfect she is.

One week ago today i recieved a phone call telling me that one of my best friends went to the doctor that day and they couldn't find her babies heart beat. My friend, Nanette was 39 weeks pregnant and due anyday. Denis and i rushed to the hospital to be by her side and to pray and petition God for a miracle...that there would be some sign of life in her baby boy.

Wednesday afternoon, Judah Gabrielle Rivera was brought into this world, but his spirit had already gone to be with the Lord. Denis and i went the the hospital and i was able to kiss his little face with my tears. I won't lie, i wrestled with God in that moment. I wanted to know why. Why did it have to be like this? But i knew those questions were not going to be answered. and i now have peace about that.

As i held him i thought; he's perfect. He looked just like his daddy, but with his mommy's nose. :) he was beautiful.

Today we said our final goodbye's to Judah. I have never in my life been more proud to call Nanette and Gabriel my friends. They are so strong. Stronger than I ever could be. I take so much comfort in their strength. I know that they are leaning into God in a way they have never had to before. They understand that verse that says, in our weakness he is made strong.

God's peace truly does pass all understanding. We may not always understand his plans. But we still hold fast to the promise that his plans are perfect. That even when we walk through the valley of the shaddow of death, he is with us.

This song is by watermark, it's called Glory Baby. i find that these words perfectly capture the emotions of this past week.

Glory baby you slipped away as fast as we could say baby…baby..
You were growing, what happened dear?
You disappeared on us baby…baby..
Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe until we’re home with you…
Until we’re home with you…

Miss you everyday
Miss you in every way
But we know there’s a
day when we will hold you
We will hold you
You’ll kiss our tears away
When we’re home to stay
Can’t wait for the day when we will see you
We will see you
But baby let sweet Jesus hold you
‘till mom and dad can hold you…
You’ll just have heaven before we do
You’ll just have heaven before we do

Sweet little babies, it’s hard to
understand it ‘cause we’re hurting
We are hurting
But there is healing
And we know we’re stronger people through the growing
And in knowing-
That all things work together for our good
And God works His purposes just like He said He would…
Just like He said He would…

I can’t imagine heaven’s lullabies
and what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…all you’ll ever know…


Judah, your name means "to Praise." and even though i will never watch you grow, i will always love you, and i will never forget you, and i will always praise God for you and for your incredible parents. I'll be seeing you...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Becca, such joy and such sorrow. My heart is breaking for your friends. I will keep them in my prayers and you too, as you minister to them. That song is so fitting for their situation.

Ashley said...

I have no words. you are all in our prayers. i love you.

Anonymous said...

I love you Becca, more than words can express. A true friend laughs with you, cries with you, takes joy with you and mourns with you. You are that perfect friend to so many. Your friends are in my prayers and so are you. I love you forever...
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Made the mistake of reading this at work! Such precious words, Becca - and you are right, we don't always understand God's hand but can be assured He knows best. I too have struggled with that over my kids' lives, but at this end of things, I can say He did (and always does) know best! Just be there for your friends - and be that tender heart you always are! Love you, Mom

Amy said...

Beautiful Bec. Thanks for sharing how you felt with us and thanks for coming over last week and letting me listen. love you