Friday, December 21, 2007

5 Year Anniversary



Today is Denis and I's 5 Year Anniversary...it is so hard to believe that is has been five years. I was talking to Rachel today and we were remembering back to our special day and it seriously feels like it was yesterday. I can remember it so vividly....
The chaos of the rehearsal (something i would like to forget)
how Denis took me to the place he proposed the night before the wedding
the excitement in the house the morning of
or how i woke up with a cold sore on my lip like on my big fat Greek wedding!
I had a nice quiet morning at the spa before heading to the church
My flowers came in wrong, but they quickly fixed their mistake! (thank god...or i would of had orange Calla Lilly's at my Christmas wedding! gross...
Robbie (our best man) delivering a gift from Denis, they were beautiful diamond earrings...

The time finally came to put my dress on. That was the moment it felt so real! My favorite moment of the wedding is when Denis said his vows, then when it was my turn, he started saying MINE! we laughed and laughed... it was a day i will never forget.... it doesn't feel like 5 years ago.

After Rachel and i were done "looking back", she said "and look, now you are an aunt!" to which i replied "yes i am, life is progressing perfectly..."

Denis, i love you more today than ever before. I thank God everyday that you chose me. Being your wife is an honor. Your talent continues to amaze me, and you are wise beyond your years. Thank you for being my husband, my cheerleader, my protector and my best friend.

Here's to many more anniversary's

I love you

forever and ever...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I get to be first to respond! Dad and I were just on to see Rachel's 1 mo picture of Harmony and I thought I'd check your blog. Such a beautiful tribute to your husband - who I agree is a perfect match for you! You both compliment each other -and I'm glad he chose you too! Time has passed too quickly, and as your get older, you will see how it even passes faster! Enjoy your evening. Love you both, mom

pip said...

congrats you to!

Ashley said...

happy anniversary!!!! I'll always remember how Rach told everyone at work that Denis was going to propose, and how we all knew but you!!! I love you!!!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary, even though I told you first in my Christmas card :) It was a beautiful Christmas wedding,and five years sure does go quick. I love you guys

ps. i love you...hehe and I love my BEAUTIFULLY wrapped presents

kelly elizabeth said...

Happy anniversary, even though I already told you and I already told you how good looking you guys are. I cant wait to get my hat back! love you

Bethany said...

I had your anniversary written down in my planner, but with the craziness of the last day of school before vacation I didn't get to congratulate you. Sooo...congratulations a couple days late! Love you guys! :)

Sarah said...

Hey girl! It's CB!!! Congrats on 5 years! I can't wait to see you in less than five days!! whoohoo!! Love ya tons...

Ceebs

Matt and Megan said...

What's with orange flowers? I almost ended up with orange instead of pink! My florist saved the day too!

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

It was your Anniversary Blog last year that through you into a no blogging tailspin. I think last year you went from December to May without writing...how far will you go this time?

Anonymous said...

A little late but Congrats. Sorry about the lack of a Christmas Card. About a week after Christmas we received yours back from the post office (I put your old address on it instead, sorry about that). Keep the pics coming and the blogs,with all of our schedules its the only way I get to see you :) and your house, which from the pics looked beautiful for Christmas. Hope to talk to you soon. (oh and let me add that Chase took his first, very unsteady steps 2 days ago-just wanted to keep you updated:).

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca,
I dunno if you read these but that was very inspiring... Ben and I are about to hit our 4 month anniversary and I can't wait til 5 years after reading that. Can't wait til you meet him, he might be just as great as Dennis. (I think so anyway)
Bayley