Tuesday, February 21, 2006

In the City of Brotherly Love...

Well.....close to it at least! I am actually in Williamstown New Jersey which is about 30 min outside the city. I am relaxing it up at Christy and Ben's beautiful new house. I have been doing alot of nothing and it feels great right now. I am getting over being really sick last week. i honestly don't remember the last time i felt that lousy. But i am feeling much better.

This past weekend I was with Christopher Hopper at a Baptist Youth Retreat down at Watsins Homestead. I has always been one of our favorite weekends as a band. This was our third year there. They are the sweetest bunch of kids and we just adore them. There was about 250 kids there and they were all so ready and hungry for the Lord. We were there from Friday to sunday. Friday i was just feeling real crappy but i did sing, not sure how well, but i did. My ears were plugged from my cold so i can only hope that i hit more right notes than wrong. We as a band didnt have much to do on saturday so we were able to spend alot of down time as a band just acting crazy. I was able to spend time with the most adorable little girl, Evangeline. She was so sweet. She does the cutest thing that jenny calls "squishy face" where she bashes her face up against yours and she wrinkles up her little nose....i just melt. i know that i shouldn't have held her as much as i did since i was sick, but i couldn't NOT! I just love her SOOOOO much.

In other baby news, BOTH my god son and my god daughter are going to be in town next week. so i am really looking forward to going back and seeing them both. Our God daughters name is Jasmin and she lives in Maryland. Her mom is a great friend of ours that used to go to our church. I havent seen her in person yet, just pictures, but she is beautiful. Our God son, little Robbie is coming into town with his mother, Leticia for a while because Leticia's mother is really sick. So Denis and I will be helping out with Robbie alot since leticia is really here to help her mom. We are praying for a miracle because her mom had a bad doctors report... so if you think of it, please pray.

Speaking of miracles, I have an INCREADABLE Amber update. I spoke to Jenny this weekend about her progress and I am still getting chills. Amber is still at St. Mary's Rehabilitation Center getting therepy on her arms and legs. Now let me remind you that the last kat scan that she recieved said she was brain dead....But she is FAR from that. She is moving her arms and her legs and is making great progress with her walking. She is able to go home all day on saturdays. Her memory is fine, she remembers everything before her accident. her short term memory still is suffering, but the doctors say that is normal and that it will recover. The most amazing thing about it all is that if she keeps progressing like this, she might be home in march FOR GOOD! God is SOOOOOO good. I just want to jump up and down right now thinking about it. Her spirits are high and she can't wait to tell the world about how Jesus healed her. I can't wait to see it.

The plan from here is to head to Pittsburg tomorrow to spend some time with Rachel and Mike then rach and i are off to Circle C Ranch to meet up with Jaime for our always fun filled weekend. I am really looking forward to it. BUT i do have one more night with Christy and i am just really enjoying my time with her. I have really missed her.... Christy and Ben have taken great care of us i will be really sad to leave her because i am never sure when i am going to see her again. So to christy, my blog stalker....I love you and I miss you everyday that we are apart. Come and visit soon! You are such an amazing friend I LOVE YOU CHRISTY!!!!

Well until next time....Over and out

4 comments:

Amy said...

Dont you mean city of Brotherly Thugs....sorry I couldn't resist and I knew if I didnt say it JOhn would. Glad you guys are having such fun. Say hi to Christy for me, I miss that wild girl!

Anonymous said...

No, no no...it's the City of Brothers on Drugs.

Anonymous said...

75% chance that if you told Denis that he'd laugh and say "that ain't even right."

becca said...

hahaha. john. i knew that you would say that. i even told denis before that you call philly that! i am sure he said that ain't even right! he tends to use that line often. He was in the city all day today while i stayed in and did a whole lotta nothing! I am going into the city tomorrow to visit alicia wood. catch you all later