Tuesday, April 22, 2008

We are Family!

Our household has grown from 3 (for those of you who may not know, we have a good friend of ours from roberts who stays with us...she makes three) to 7 overnight. Our close friends Robbie and Leticia have moved here from Chigago (YEAH!!!!!!!!!) but don't have a place to stay until september. So they asked if they could stay with us until then ( this is why amy called me crazy in her latest blog!). We said yes of course. So last night at around 10:30 at night they arrived with two babies in tow (and one on the way, due in december). It was a crazy night trying to get everyone settled in. but it was so nice waking up to those little voices calling my name. They call me Titi Becca, titi is spanish for aunt. Tio is uncle, but when they say denis's name is sounds like "uh-oh ennis" so cute.... i am realizing that my house needs a bit more baby proofing and alot more space. but i can't really do much about the space thing right now! :) Denis and i gave them our master bedroom because they have to set the nursery up in it as well. Baby Robbie is sleeping in Daisy's room and then denis and i moved into the back spare room. It is a bit cramped, but it is nice to have a space that is just ours. I know that this is going to be a crazy summer, but i am excited to be a part of the kids lives. They are our god children and we only have been able to see them a few times in the past few years. I am sure there will be plenty of pictures and stories to come!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...you are crazy. At first when I was reading this I was picturing you all in your old apartment, then I remembered you moved.

And by the way, tia is Aunt. I'm not sure why titi means but they're probably making fun of you and you might want to look into it.

Rachel said...

I have a spanish speaking friend in the house as we speak (pretty cute on too), and she has confirmed that Titi does indeed aunt. sorry to burst your bubble, John.

becca said...

yesssssssssssss. i love it when i have someone to defend me :)

but tia is another word for aunt.

last night Baby robbie kept calling denis "becca." when i kept asking him what our names are he would say "titi becca and becca" hysterical. he knew he was being funny

Anonymous said...

I'll burst your bubble, Rachel... GET IN THE WAGON. I'd kick your butt in Spanish or Settlers. Tio is uncle...tia is aunt...titi must translate into weird, crazy Aunt or something like that. Everyone's got one. These kids have Becca.

seanpritzkau said...

wow you guys are givers all right! good luck with the whole shower thing!