Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fools Day

Happy April Fools everyone. I spent the morning having my students say "look! a ...." (fill in the blank...they said everything from a purple elephant to hannah montana) I thought for sure that would be the extent of the "fools" today. boy was i wrong. I'm going to let you in on a little conversation i had with my buddy john over text today.

john: so, have you talked to Amy lately? Did she tell you anything?
me: i talked to her yesterday...but just about our plans for thursday...
john: oh... ok
john: well i guess if she didn't tell you, that i shouldn't. She'd kill me
me: what is it?!?
john: Becca... I can't tell you. She's been upset with me for telling you MUCH smaller news than this. I can't steal that from her- i just figured you'd know already.
me: i don't! when can i call her!?
john: she's working a 12...so she'll probably be busy all day. Just nevermind, forget I said anything.
john: ok...maybe I could tell you...but you'll still have to act really surprised and excited when she tells you...!!
me: FREAKIN TELL ME
john: ok...APRIL FOOLS


me: you are so cruel

what a rotten person he is. rotten to the core.

so what about you? do any of you have any good april fools jokes that were played on you or that you played on someone else? share your story!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. What did you think I was talking about?

And just for the record, you're the ONLY person that would have bought that today. So don't be mad at me for being "rotten" be mad at yourself for that huge target you wear.

Amy said...

I apologize for my husband... what a nut. But you should know better, if there is anything exciting going on in my life you know about it, you might even know before him. Cant wait to see you on Thursday

Ashley said...

haha! I used to always put a rubber band around the sprayer on the kitchen sink so it would spray my dad when he turned on the water april fools day morning... not really a "joke" but still funny and it still never gets old! I had a pathetic attempt this morning... I told ryan it was snowing and he said "really?!" and I said april fools... wow aren't I a funny one?!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I put the heads of the husbands of the girls I work with on some other guys body and saved it as their desktop...

The "sprayer" trick is a classic, we used to use electric tape so you couldn't see it...and then there's the infamous saran wrap on the toilet seat trick...I think i definitely got grounded for that one!

becca said...

i didn't know what you were talking about JOHN! that's why i freakin wanted you to tell me! geesh.

you are unbelievable

Anonymous said...

wish i did- just that a teacher told me i had something on my shirt && i was dumb enough to believe her. =[ by the way greatttt worship service in church! =]

Bethany said...

It's now April 8th and I'm still getting the "There's a _____ on your head/shirt..." comments from my witty students. :o) Hopefully they'll get it out of their systems by May...