Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Top 5

i have been trying to post pictures that i took with my new camera for days now, and i can't get it to work. but i have really neglected my blog lately, so i will post without pictures....i know...shocking. all my posts have pictures. So i will just give a little update on my life and the craziness that seems to follow me :)

Top 5 wonderful things happening:
1) Denis and I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary at the Father's House. i can't believe it has already been a year since we have been on staff. We are so in love with this church and it's people. It is a feeling that is pretty much indescribable. We have found such a family there. we are just loving it.
2) i am almost an AUNT! i can't wait to meet that beautiful little girl. as i wrote previously, i have alot of people around me that are either expecting or just had their baby. Still to go: Rachel, Nanette, Shira, and Sarah. babies babies babies. i love it
3) I just finished another great read by Nicolas Sparks. I just wish he wrote faster...we most likely have to wait until spring for another. write on nick. write on.
4) as i mentioned before I GOT A NEW CAMERA! yep. i purchased a Canon 20D. It is the same camera rachel shoots with. It is a great camera. Soon...i will show you a few pictures....soon...i hope....
5) I AM GOING ON VACATION! well...not for like 2 months, but still. Tickets are purchased. Hotel reserved. and i am counting down the days...

5 not so wonderful things happening:
1) the weather is getting cold....crud
2) i spend most of my days exhausted and dreaming of my bed.
3) i feel like i am missing out on so much of rachels pregnancy. i hate that she lives so far away...
4) my car is making funny noises. now i have to get up early and take it into the shop...i have never done that before. i mean i only just learned how to pump gas. geesh.
5) my husband is cheep. he would say he is money conscious. but really... he's cheep. so because he is cheep, our house is freezing. It is a bigger house and so i know it will cost more to heat, but really, do i have to walk around in layers so we can save a buck or two...

5 things that are really bothering me
1) John knows my nieces name
2) John knows my nieces name
3) John knows my nieces name
4) John knows my nieces name
5) John knows my nieces name

5 things i am going to try to start doing more often
1) visit my parents
2) eat healthier
3) blog more
4) putting in baby name guesses to rachel.
5) keep in touch with old friends

5 things i am going to stop doing
1) saying yes to everything
2) commenting on john's blog. he hasn't commented on mine in SO long. so i am done with his too. It can go both ways bucko. :)
3) drinking soda (this is going to be SOOOOOOO hard...)
4) hoping the eagles will win a game.
5) worrying

look for pictures soon

peace

12 comments:

Aimee said...

Love the new layout! :) And I can't believe someone knows Baby Shipman's name... I think you need to take him out back and beat it out of him ;) TEASING of course! But we are very excited for the arrival of this little girl - and I still have her baby shower present sitting on my counter! I just keep forgetting to mail it - maybe this week... here's hoping :)

becca said...

aimee, i have tried begging and bribing...nothing has worked. so i can now do one of two things: guess every three-syllable, non-vowel starting, non-biblical, girlie name there is and hope i guess right (cause apparently she tells you when you guess right!) or just wait...or try and get amy to tell me...but i have a feeling she is lock box

Rachel said...

Now I recall that earlier in this pregnancy you said you WANTED to be surprised. Has that changed, my darling? Once you hear it you will a. love it, and b. kick yourself for not guessing it.

i HATE that I'm far away too. But I was so blessed to have been up as often as i was over the summer so you could see me grow.

and ps. you may actually be glad that you aren't around latley. I'm a cranky, cranky girl.

I'm sure John is TERRORIZING you about knowing the name. Poor girl. HOPEFULLY she will be here soon and the wait will be over!

Amy said...

Maybe I shouldn't have told John the name. The only reason he knows the name is because I told him. And I am totally a lock box, I cannot be bribed... dont even think about it.

Where are you going on vacation?

becca said...

it's probablly a good thing that i don't know the name...cause i would have told EVERYONE! most likely...including john...i know i would have.

amy, i will do my best to brib you.

The Barretts said...

I like your idea of doing some lists! Very good blog entry :)

Anonymous said...

This is so cute hon....you are so good with words! I still think it is special NOT to know the name and when she does arrive, we will have aNOTHER special thing to find out! I for one, don't want to know - but I know you and how good you are at keeping secrets! ha! Love to read your blog - look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks. Lots of love, Mom

Amy said...

Becca is working SO HARD at not drinking pop that the second we got to the restaurant tonight she ordered diet pepsi.

Unknown said...

Bec,
1.) I think that if you AND I gang up on Amy or John we'd be able to make more progress on knowing the name. So I have to come up SOON!

2.) a few definitions for you: "cheep" is the sound a baby chick makes. "cheAp" is the man that you are married to.

3.) if by "keep in touch with old friends" you mean me...you're SOOOO right! I MISS YOU!

Anonymous said...

"5 things that are really bothering me
1) John knows my nieces name
2) John knows my nieces name
3) John knows my nieces name
4) John knows my nieces name
5) John knows my nieces name"

Haha...that's fantastic.

And look, I'm commenting...so take THAT.

becca said...

then my ban on commenting on your blog is lifted. :)

Amy said...

Shun... re-shun...