Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Pomp and Circumstance....

"Joshua Stephen Freer"

They called his name and across the stage he went. It didn't even seem real. My little brother, a high school graduate. He looked as handsome as ever in his bright pink tie he wore in honor of his girlfriend who couldn't be there. I could not have been more proud of him at that moment. My brother...all grown up.



It was a family affair. It began with a graduation party on saturday. Denis and I arrived fashionably late due to a tire malfuncion on the way there. The yard was full of friends and family. It was thrilling to see so many family memebers there. Family I hadn't seen in years. We ate, told stories, laughed and played games... mostly bocce ball...thanks to my brother in law!...he is a whole other story. He said he wanted to spend his weekend making sure he had the position of our family clown. Mission accomplished. Don't believe me, come over sometime, i will show you the "graduation video" aka "The Mike Shipman Extravaganza!" Hysterical.



Some might say i am a TAD bit overprotective. I have spend years attempting to chase girls away from josh, hanging up the phone on them. Putting on my tough girl face to scare them away. I must say though, i do LOVE his current companion. She is awesome. I would like to keep her around. BUT, I still enjoy being the over protective big sis. I love him to death. Don't believe me...check my wallet...case in point.



It isn't often that i get to make the trip home with Denis. I am pretty sure this weekend was the first time he was in Allegany on a sunday morning. Of course we put him to work. Rach, mike, denis and I all sang together for the first time, just the 4 of us, at good old Allegany Baptist Church. Practice was no fun, but the real deal came out just fine....but according to rach i was a microphone hog. Sorry rach...



Here is one final picture of the Handsome Graduate. So long allegany-limestone. The freers have left the building. Try not to miss us too much! :)



Josh, if you are reading this. I am so proud of you. I love you so much and that will never change.

6 comments:

Amy said...

what wonderful pictures I'm glad you had a good weekend even if it meant leaving me here all by myself for the weekend. Thanks for your company last week babe!

Anonymous said...

A few things...that would have been a perfect time to refer to Alleghany as Sucktown..no matter how you feel about the place.

Also, what "tough" face? Who are you trying to fool with that. Remember the other day at work I asked you to show me your mean face? It didn't happen...your mean side is non-existant. Take that as an insult or a compliment...

Anonymous said...

Becca....wonderful job and yes, we did have a wonderful family weekend, didn't we!! I was so proud of ALL of you - couldn't have done it, nor would it have been near so enjoyable with you all there!! Love all of you!!
Those are great pictures of especially Josh - can't wait to show them off to the rest of my family as they arrive tomorrow!!! I plan to call you later and hope to catch you sometime. Thanks for the memories!!! love, Mom

The Barretts said...

What a great post...I CANNOT believe how grown up Josh looks! What a cutie!!

You guys all look great...wish we lived closer so we could have been there!

Anonymous said...

I've got an idea...

Why don't you just wait a little longer, and then your next blog can be about Josh's graduation...FROM COLLEGE.

Anonymous said...

WRITE A FREAKIN BLOG FREER. SERIOUSLY.